I'm so excited to announce and celebrate the creation of my new design, pattern, and quilting company "Redbird Quilt Co."
Yep, this little business is getting off the ground and for the next month we're going to celebrate this and some other fun milestones with weekly giveaways!! Woohoo!
I have some awesome and generous giveaway sponsors lined up including Aurifil, Sew It Is Quilt Shop and Bear Creek Quilting Company just to name a few!!
This week lets talk about milestones and the creation of Redbird Quilt Co!!
I've been sewing since I was in high school but only began the quilting journey a few years ago when my sister Janet invited me to join her in a LQS block of the month. Well -- the completion of that BOM, along with many hours of guidance and love from my sister Janet -- and I was hooked on quilting!!
Now, 6+ years later, I've learned the joys of free motion quilting, needle turn and wool applique, lots and lots of fun quilting skills, and I've started designing my own patterns!!
About 2 years ago I started blogging and what a world of adventure and opportunity that has opened up -- learning from the most talented and giving quilting community on earth!! I'm so very thankful for blogging -- it's allowed me to get exposed to and write Recipes for the Moda Bake Shop AND to just share my love of quilting with others -- not to mention the bazillions of things I've learned from all the talented quilting bloggers out there -- Thank you all for embracing me and encouraging me to move forward...
- Published more than 100 posts
- Exceeded more than 650 followers (and I appreciate each and every one of you!! Thank you! Thank you!)
- Have had nearly 70,000 views on my blog -- how exciting!!
Aurifil has generously provided a set of Aurifil Botanics threads for me to give to one lucky reader!!
The Thread pack contains 10 - 220 yard spools of 50wt 100% cotton thread in some bright and cheery colors. You can read more about the talented Carolyn Friedlander and her Botanics line on Aurifil's blog by clicking here.
For quilting I use it in the top and bobbin thread. It glides on like silk, doesn't break, shred, or leave piles of lint behind.... and you can do very dense quilting without unsightly thread buildup. It is my GO TO thread for quilting!!
For piecing, the fine cotton fibers allow for nearly invisible and totally flat seams. It's just a joy to work with.
Ok onto the fun part - - here's the scoop.
You have several ways to gain chances to win this Thead Pack of Aurifil Botanics -- choose as many or as few as you like!!
- One chance if you're a follower (old or new) of my blog -- leave a comment letting me know.
- One chance if you are an AURIbuzz blog follower (old or new) - leave a comment on this post letting me know.
- One chance if you "Like" Redbird Quilt Co. on Facebook - be sure to come back to this post and let me know!
- One chance if you "Like" Aurifil on Facebook -- oh what scrumptious projects they post each day -- be sure to come back to this post and let me know...
- One chance for "Following" Redbird Quilt Co. on Twitter "@RedbirdQuiltCo" be sure to come back to this post and let me know.
- One chance for "Following" Redbird Quilt Co. on Pinterest!! Woohoo!!
- Oh -- and if you give a shout-out about the giveaway on your blog or any other social media avenue -- take another chance for that !
This giveaway will be open for one week -- so sometime on Monday, April 7th I'll use Mr. Random Generator and announce a winner!!
One more thing -- check back each Monday for the next several weeks as we celebrate some other new and exciting milestones -- new giveaways will be announced each Monday through the end of April!!
Many thanks to my husband, both of my sisters, and a couple of dear close friends (you know who you are!!) for always encouraging me to follow my dreams - love you all!
Have a wonderful week.